St. Pius X ELC offers preschool classes for children ages 3 – 5 years old.
Three Year Old Preschool Program:
The main emphasis for the three year old program is on social development. Opportunities for the child’s growth and development are provided to:
- Allow the children to feel positive and secure in an environment away from home.
- Assist the children in communication skills, relationships with others and cooperative play.
- Introduce a developmentally appropriate variety of preschool skills such as counting numbers to ten, shapes, colors, first name recognition, glue and scissor use.
- Allow the children to develop at their individual pace of learning.
Four Year Old Preschool Program:
The main emphasis for the four year old preschool program continues to focus on the value of social skills with the introduction of developmentally appropriate Kindergarten readiness skills. Opportunities for the child’s growth and development are provided to:
- Continue the development of communication and social skills.
- Continue recognition of numbers one to ten, and introduce alphabet recognition.
- Practice individual and cooperative responsibility within the classroom and self-help skills; and the use of appropriate manners.
- Learn to work together, share with others, and live cooperatively in the world and Christian community.
- Foster and promote a positive attitude towards learning.
- Allow each child to develop at their individual pace of learning.
For more information or to enroll, please contact: