We all know that choosing a school for our children is an important and lasting decision that will have an enormous impact on your child’s future.
In challenging economic times, why should parents choose a Catholic education for their children?
St. Pius X School is an extension of the missions of our parish communities at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church and St. Pius X Church. It is the place where your child will thrive spiritually, socially, and academically by instilling Catholic values, beliefs and traditions through quality education and Christ-like living.
Here are some of the benefits of the Catholic education children receive at St. Pius X School:
Values and Faith
- St. Pius School strives to create a special bond among the students, the home, the school, and the Church missions of St. Pius X Church and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, so that all share a strong sense of community.
- The values and faith taught to children by parents at home are reinforced every day at school and in our co-curricular activities.
- The faith-based environment encourages all students to develop a relationship with God and instills Christ-like living.
- Catholic schools join with the family to help students understand their special place in the family, the Church, and society.
- Catholic schools help students understand the value of respect for others and that each person is unique and valuable.
- Catholic schools emphasize moral development and leadership skills.
- Besides classroom instruction in religion — liturgical and sacramental participation is part of our school program including preparation for sacraments and weekly all-school liturgies.
- A Catholic education fosters compassion and service: Beginning in Kindergarten, St. Pius X School integrates community service as a basic part of the curriculum throughout the school experience.
- Through service for others, each student learns the value of being Christ-like to others and grows in gratitude for their many blessings.
- With a comprehensive set of curriculum that meets all state regulations and guidelines, St. Pius X School’s test scores are above national, state, and local averages — and compete with the best schools in the Cedar Rapids metro-area.
- Ninety-nine percent of seniors who attend Xavier High School graduate and 96% go on to post-secondary education.
- St. Pius X School has a balanced curriculum including art, music, Spanish, technology and physical education.
- St. Pius X School is committed to technology use to enhance education. Our classrooms are equipped with new computers, interactive smart boards, and other cutting-edge technology.
- Students are not just taught how to use the latest technology, but they are taught how to use technology as a tool for learning.
High Parent Involvement
- Our children benefit because our parents and school are working together. Our parents are expected to be involved, to volunteer and to reinforce the values of the school community.
- St. Pius X School recognizes the parents and family as their child’s first teachers and primary educators. The school joins with parents to form a living community of shared visions.
Caring, Nurturing, and Safe Environment
- Our school offers individual attention in a caring, nurturing community.
- Each student is known by name.
- St. Pius X School is a disciplined atmosphere that provides safety and order for student learning.
- St. Pius X School has exceptional faculty who help students reach their highest potential and demonstrate a genuine dedication to their students.
- Educational aides assist in grades Kindergarten and 1st Grade to individualize the educational program even more.
A Good Investment
- What better investment can you make than in your child? The value of a Catholic education is well worth the cost. It is a life-long investment in your child’s future by providing a well-rounded foundation that includes challenging academics, moral development, and faith-based values.
- Catholic education offers strong preparation for further education.
- St. Pius X School is a good steward of resources.
For families who quality, tuition assistance is available through a Student Tuition Organization, making Catholic education accessible to families who would have otherwise been unable to afford a non-public school.