St. Pius X Dress Code
The dress code of St. Pius X Elementary School strives to reflect good taste, neatness, cleanliness and Christian modesty while avoiding trends and fads. Students reflect pride in themselves and their school by the way they dress and act. Clothing must be the appropriate length and fit, be in good repair, free from rips, holes and frays. It is expected that parents/guardians will ensure their students attend school in dress code. Please note the administration reserves the right to interpret the dress code and make all final decisions.
To simplify the purchase of school clothes, links are provided on the left side of this page to PS Adfinity , Dennis Uniforms, and Lands’ End where you will find dress-code approved clothing. PS Adfinity also sells approved spirit-wear. You are not required to purchase clothing from these sites; the links have been provided simply for your convenience.
Pants/Shorts: Navy blue, Khaki or Black pants/shorts with waistband, flat or pleated front and front zipper shall be worn; no jean style, no capri pants, no cargo pants, no flared bottom pants, skinny or oversized pants/shorts. Shorts should be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee. No faded, ripped, torn, or baggy pants may be worn. Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist.
Skirts/Jumpers/Skorts: Must be St. Pius X Lloyd plaid (available through Dennis Uniform, their website is dennisuniform.com and our school code is PXS). must be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee. Skirts and skorts must be worn at the waist.
Belts: are required for students in 3rd through 5th grade and may be any color.
Shirts: Long sleeved or short sleeved polo style with buttons, or turtlenecks, in a solid color; must be collared without any type of ornamentation, emblem or logo (other than SPX/Xavier); shirts may be any solid color.
Girls are allowed to wear WHITE, RED, NAVY BLUE, and HUNTER GREEN colored polo style shirts with the Lloyd uniform plaid. (The colors in the plaid.)
Oxford cloth shirts in white or girls white broadcloth blouses in white with Peter Pan collars are allowed.
Short sleeve undershirts are approved; long sleeved undershirts are not to be worn underneath short sleeved school shirts.
All shirts must be long enough to be tucked in and not rolled.
Sweaters: Must be navy blue, cardigan, sweater vests, crew-neck or v-neck style, with or without the SPX or Xavier Logo.
Sweatshirts: Navy blue ¼ zip sweatshirts with the school logo are only to be worn. These are available through PS Adfinity or Lands’ End (with the Xavier logo). Only school uniform sweatshirts may be worn, “spirit wear” style sweatshirts are only allowed on Fridays. Sweatshirts may not be tied around the waist or neck.
Socks: are required in any solid color and must be free from ornamentation (rhinestones, dangles) and characters. Girls may wear solid color navy blue, red, white or black leggings or tights. Leggings must be close to the leg; they may not: stop just under the knee, have wide legs or flare at the ankle.
Shoes: must be closed toe and closed heel. Clogs, Crocs, Heelys, Uggs, or Ugg style, sandals, slippers moccasins, platform shoes, boots, beads, sequins, lights etc. are not permitted. Tennis shoes with laces (no slip-ons) are required on PE days and strongly recommended on all other days as well. Shoes must be tied or Velcro fastened.
Spirit Days & Casual Days
On the last Friday of the month that school is scheduled, students may wear non-dress code clothing as long as the clothes follow the guidelines set in the school dress code.
All other Fridays are typically designated as “Spirit Days”, which means that students may wear approved SPX spirit wear shirts with any approved dress down bottom (jeans, khaki style or sweatpants, shorts or skirts of appropriate length). Approved spirit-wear items are available through PS Adfinity. Also approved for spirit wear is any SPX event t-shirt, Xavier camp t-shirt, Xavier sporting team jersey, t-shirt, or sweatshirt.
*Students are allowed to wear shorts May 1st– September 30th. Shorts must be of appropriate length. Girls are not required to wear tights or leggings with their skirts or skorts during the time shorts are allowed.
- Hair must be well groomed with no bizarre or outlandish hairstyles that cause excessive attention.
- Hair ties, headbands, bows, etc. are allowed and should be tasteful without logos, branding or words.
- Hair cannot be dyed or bleached. There can be no unnatural highlights or feathers.
- No makeup, glitter or tattoos (permanent or temporary) will be allowed on any student.
- Only clear fingernail polish is allowed for girls.
- Girls may wear small stud earrings, no hoop or dangling earrings. No earrings will be allowed on boys.
- Rule of One: no more than 1 bracelet, 1 necklace, 1 pair of earrings
- Scouts (boys & girls) may wear approved Scout uniforms to school on meeting days.
For Casual Days / Spirit Days: the following are NOT allowed – thin or spaghetti straps, sleeveless, crop shirts, exposed shoulder tops and tank tops. No faded, ripped, torn or baggy pants or shorts and no short shorts or skirts (no more than 2″ above the knee) may be worn.
School Picture Day / School Concerts
School picture day and music concert performances (in the evening – not school day performances) are considered “dress-up” events. Typically, this is described as dress code or better.
- Appropriate clothing may include uniform approved pants or shorts (in-season) and a nice shirt
- Skirts & dresses (of the appropriate length) are acceptable for girls
- Thin or spaghetti straps, sleeveless, crop shirts, exposed shoulder tops and tank tops are not allowed – if these styles are worn, a sweater (or something similar) must be worn over top
- Jeans, sweatpants, etc. are not considered dress code or better – no faded, ripped, torn or baggy pants or shorts, and no short shorts or skirts (shorter than 2” above the knee) may be worn.